In order to significantly increase my progress on the selfi project I thought I should develop some basic type for the parts that aren’t going to be hand lettered. It’ll help with keeping everything cohesive and much easier on myself. I haven’t created the whole alphabet, yet, but plan on doing so tomorrow. Here’s the shapes I’ve done so far with the opening of my script.
Aside from that I did go back to edit my script. I felt like it was reading too formal for the way I talk so I’ve changed up some parts and added in new bits. I don’t want to share the script in it’s entirety until the project is done, so don’t look for it. Plus, I’ll eventually be posting all the styleframes so you’ll be able to piece it together.
I’m crossing fingers that I can start animating Monday. I’ve change the script so many times that the process for hand lettering is taking longer. I’m trying to hold off on vectoring until I’ve locked in the script and lettering styles. I’m nearly set on the style, I think I’m in need of listening to the quote of “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.” Starting to drag this project out as a result of the “perfect” issue, which is not helpful.
Welp, more progress tomorrow!